Puppet Theatre in Atlanta 2010

Like many of you, I feel in love with Kermit when I was a little girl. I have to tell you, I had chills up my back seeing him up close at the entrance of the Muppet exhibit in Atlanta. Jim Henson was a true inspiration for many of us that are creative and wanted to live in his creative world!
As you enter the Henson exhibit, Kermit sits in a glass case welcoming you to the display room. There are so many wonderful pictures, sketches and stories to enjoy while you walk through.
Big Bird himself! The biggest 5 year old we'd ever meet and fall in love with!

The display room is dark with soft spot lights on the puppets. Ernie was well worn, including rubber duckie. Even though they are puppets, you felt like you were meeting a rock star!

The Swedish Chef (which as you know I can do a great impression of...LOL) and Dr. Teeth!
Amazing!
A dear Christmas Classic in my home. Emmet Otters Jug Bang Christmas. If you haven't seen it, get it! Watch the "special features" to see how it was made! Incredible work!

The Doozers from Fraggle Rock!

The Fraggles were so colorful! I loved it!


The Jim Henson puppet. This is such a special MUPPET!
A stained glass window of Jim and Frank Oz.

Pigs in space!!
If you get the chance to visit the Puppet Theatre in Atlanta you are in for a treat. There is now a permanent Henson Museum on display and it will take your breath away! I have been a huge Muppet Fan for many, many years so this was definately one of the hylights of my trip to Atlanta this year!
I thought I'd share these photos first and tomorrow I will post pictures from the show!
Keep Smiling!
Robin

Popular Posts