Friday, March 30, 2012

A Special Gift for a Special Boy!!!


Today is Connor's 12th Birthday! Many of you will probably agree with me, that as our kids get older, its harder to pick "just the right gift". Connor didn't really have much on his "gift list" so I decided to create an art piece just for him.
Using some wonderful scrapbook papers from Tim Holtz collection I created a distressed background which was perfect for a tin robot. I had an image in my head that I knew Connor would love.
Using a variety of vintage rusty items and some special pieces my hubby and I had, my robot came together. I added 3 letter "C's" and the number 12 to celebrate today!
Connor was so excited to open this present...his reaction proved that nothing could ever make a stamp on your child's heart like a gift made with LOVE!
Happy Birthday Connor!!! Love Mommy and Daddy!! oxoxo