Sunday, June 14, 2015

ROBOT ART PIECE NECKLACES by Robin Davis Studio

Robot necklaces by Robin Davis Studio

Robot necklaces by Robin Davis Studio

Antique bronze necklaces by Robin Davis StudioRobot necklaces by Robin Davis StudioRobin Davis Studio
A friend suggested I start making necklaces with my Robot and Character art, so I decided to give it a try. It actually takes me 3 days from start to finish to create one necklace. First I print a sheet of small 1 x 2 inch pieces of my art. I then seal the art under a piece of glass. Letting it dry over night. The next day I sand the edges of the glass and add a sealant to the base tray which is Antique Bronze. Another coat of sealant is added to the back of the glass pendant, again waiting for it to cure over night. Once these layers are fully dry, I can adhere the glass pendant to the tray. While I wait for that to dry, I create a special packaging to accompany the necklace. Each one is mounted on a kraft board that I designed and attached art to. For the finishing touch, I created a special tag for gift giving.
If you'd like to see more...just click here!
Cheers Robin