Photography...learning as I go!

Robin Davis Studio

Robin Davis Studio
Yesterday my son and I ventured off to a local provincial park not far from our home. My goal was to get some good photos for new art projects I'm working on. This park has it all. I was really looking for old barn wood for texture images and boy did we find some!
As an artist/illustrator, I spend hours upon hours in my studio. Believe me, cabin fever can set it. Especially when deadlines are due and you can't remember if you brushed your teeth or not...just kidding, I may stay in my PJ's but I do brush my teeth. OK, I got off topic, anyway, the point was, getting out of my studio even for a couple hours is just what I needed! With camera in hand and my trusty side kick, my 15 year old son, we shot 150 photos of barn board, rust, barns, flowers, acorns, wildlife, an old tractor...you name it!
I'm back in the studio this morning...yup, still in my PJ's ready to create. Inspiration is all around me! Right outside my door. Not only did I get some great photos for my work, but I enjoyed time with my son, chatting the entire time about everything from school, girls, to his future entrepreneurial plans! What an awesome day!
Keep smiling! Robin

Popular Posts