Thursday, October 29, 2015

There's no place like home!

THere's no place like home - Robin Davis Studio

My girlfriend Cathy had a "sip & swap" a couple months ago. It was such a wonderful idea. We all brought clothing and accessories to her home. A few us arrived early to help Cathy merchandise the items throughout her family room. Then all the ladies arrived to sip wine and trade the items we brought. At the end of the evening, Cathy gathered everything left over and took it to the local Women's Shelter. There were boxes and boxes of items to donate. Such a fun and creative way to gather, recycle and give back!
These glittery red shoes were one of the items I was drawn to. First I was thinking they were perfect for a Halloween Costume, of course dressing as Dorothy from my favorite movie THE WIZARD OF OZ. Then I had an idea to create a display in the studio above one of my cabinets that holds most of my paints and pens. Using a couple vintage books, I wrapped the quote "There's no place like home" around the covers. Then I printed a black and white stripe to place inside the shoes. I used a few vintage items I've collected to build the display.....and WA LA a fabulous reminder everyday that there really is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!
Have a wonderful Halloween everyone!
Cheers Robin