The One of a Kind Show, Toronto, Canada - Robin Davis Studio

One of a Kind Show Toronto - Robin Davis Studio
The time has arrived, it's set up day, today and tomorrow and the show opens Thursday, November 23rd. I can't believe it's here. After months of preparations and late nights in the studio, I finally get to show everyone all my "one of a kind" creations! From my Retro Robots made of vintage blocks and tins to my new characters of Steampunk Owls and Elves!
I'm very excited, yes nervous too, but more excited! My incredible husband helped me design a striking booth full of unique displays and signage. I honestly could not have done it without him. He's truly my rock!
Everyone asks me why I create these robots and characters? Where do I find all the parts? How do I dream up such pieces?
Well, it took me years to finally start building my characters in 3D. It started in my sketchbooks. I was a licensed illustrator for years and when my son was born he inspired a lot of my characters. We also enjoyed collecting vintage unique items to display through out the house. So it seemed to flow naturally when the time was right, to create my pieces using all the vintage, rusty items I'd collected. The rust and patina has a story to tell. There's a human history attached to each element and I find that magical! I truly believe that's how my characters come to life!
Come see me and my characters at THE ONE OF A KIND SHOW in TORONTO
I'll be SMILING and having FUN in BOOTH W57!

Popular Posts